Sports Camp 2024
Week of July 22 – 26
9:00 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
The 2024 summer theme is Undefeated, based on Romans 8:37-39: “No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
Basic Camp Instructions
Campers are asked to:
- apply sunscreen before coming to camp
- bring their own water bottles (with camper name)
- bring their own balls for maximum playing time (with camper name) – some will be for sale on Day 1 – All items for sale appear below.
- wear sneakers
- wear shin guards for soccer – some will be for sale on Day 1 – All items for sale appear below.
- water coolers are stationed at each sport location (cups available for those who don’t have water bottles)
- snack is served before the half-time rally – fruit option always included, and we purchase other options that avoid the most common allergens (snack allergies represented by A in corner of camper nametags and our volunteers check the list of allergies to ensure campers receive safe options)
- campers drop off their take-home Sports Flash (with camper name) when signing in Tue – Fri for a chance to win prizes (Day1 Sports Flash returned on Day2, Day2 Sports Flash returned on Day3, etc.)
- campers encouraged to bring money for “Change 4 Change” (competition between boys and girls to see who earns the most money to help send kids to sports camp – coaches of “losing” team get pies to the face – but really, everyone wins in sharing the fun and helping other kids attend camp)
- when signing in, please note any changes to pickup
- have camper(s) put on a nametag each day (Day 1 nametag is already on the free t-shirt you receive)
- please note that campers wait by teams in the registration area until a team coach comes to lead them to the sport location
- sign-out requires that you show an ID to receive pickup tags
- before picking up your campers, stop for your family’s take-home Sports Flashes (a registration attendant will have them sorted by family)
- pick up camper(s) at each sport location by handing coach your pickup tag(s) – information about sport locations will be posted in the registration area
- have campers earn some or all of the money for “Change 4 Change” which helps kids attend sports camp in other international and urban USA locations (collection Tue – Fri)
- remind camper(s) to bring Sports Flash (with camper name) Tue – Fri (We don’t collect Day5 Sports Flash.)
- check the whiteboard(s) in the registration area for information and updates each day